Supercritical Fluid Extraction (SFE) technology is a new emerging green separation technology with wide application. Supercritical fluid refers to the state of an object when it is above its critical temperature and critical pressure. This fluid has the advantages of both liquid and gas: high density, low viscosity, small surface tension, and very high solubility. All those characteristic helps go deep into the matrix of the extracted material, making it very effective extraction solution. The solubility can change dramatically with the change of pressure and temperature. These properties make supercritical state fluids a very good extracting media.
The principle of supercritical CO2 fluid extraction (SFE) separation process is based on the relationship between the dissolving capacity and density of supercritical CO2 fluid. In the supercritical state, the supercritical CO2 fluid contact with the substance to be extracted, so that it selectively extracts ingredient based on their polar size, boiling point, and molecular size. The supercritical CO2 fluid extraction process is comprised of extraction and separation process.
CO2 characteristics as a supercritical extraction medium:
- Easy to operate, wide range of applications, CO2 critical state: 31.06 degrees C, 7.382 MPa.
- Low operating temperature. It can be extracted at near room temperature conditions, especially suitable for the separation of thermal sensitive components to prevent the possibility of oxidation and photoreaction.
- Extract agent and extract can be easily separated. After extraction CO2 does not remain on the extract.
- CO2 is non-toxic, tasteless, non-combustible, inexpensive, and recyclable.
- CO2 can be used to separate biomolecular, thermal, and chemical instability substances. Widely used in food, medicine, spices, and chemical industry
Main Components of CO2 Supercritical System:
- Electric Heating Water Tanks
- Extraction Vessels
- Separation Vessels
- CO2 Storage Tank
- Filtration Vessel
- Carrying Agent Vessel
- High Pressure CO2 Pump
- Carrying Agent Pump
|Model||Extraction Vessel Size(L)||Material||Maximum Operating Pressure|
|Siphon-5||5||Stainless 304||35 Mpa|
|Siphon-10||10||Stainless 304||35 Mpa|
|Siphon-50||50||Stainless 304||35 Mpa|
|Siphon-100||100||Stainless 304||20 Mpa|
Siphon-50 Technical Specification
|1||Extractor||25 L x 2||OCr18Ni9 material|
|2||Separator||10L x 2||OCr18Ni9 material|
|3||CO2 Intermediate Storage Tank||20 L x 1||OCr18Ni9 material, 16 Mpa pressure rating|
|4||Filter||5L x 1||OCr18Ni9 material, 16 Mpa pressure rating|
|5||CO2 High Pressure Pump||1||0-400 L/H, adjustable speed maximum 40 Mpa, with cooling system|
|6||Co-Solvent Pump||1||1/4- 29L/H, maximum 40Mpa|
|7||Co-Solvent Tank||20L x 1||OCr18Ni9 material|
|8||Cooling System||1||17,000 K ca/h, air cool or water cool|
|9||Heat Exchange System||1||OCr18Ni9 material|
Interested in learning more about CO2 Extraction Equipment including additional details and pricing information? Please use the form below to contact us!