CBD and THC don’t exist in the cannabis/hemp plant naturally. Instead, it is in the form of acid precursors known as “Cannabidiolic Acid (CBDA)” rather than just CBD. The CBDA is inactive and needs to be activated to become pharmacologically active, thus, to unlock its complete benefits. Simply put, decarboxylation of CBD is a must-have step to gain the therapeutic effects of hemp. The acidic cannabinoids are thermally unstable and will undergo decarboxylation when heating, but cannabis also decarbs somewhat during the curing process when raw cannabis leaves/flowers are trimmed and laid out to dry. That is why controlling the temperature during drying is so very important.
In order to perform vacuum fractional distillation(FD) or molecular distillation(MD), we need to decarboxylate the cannabinoids and remove as many of the lower boiling point constituents as possible. Cedarstone Industry is proud to present the propriety CBD Decarboxylation turn-key system – TotalDecarb, that gives CBD processor all that is needed to perform CBD / THC decarboxylation.
CBD Decarboxylation System
||Turn-Key System Consists Of:
- Complete Stainless Steel Construction.
- Vacuum rated Decarboxylation Vessel, Shotgun Condenser, and Collection Vessel.
- Decarboxylation vessel equipped with class I division I explosive proof motor, water heating jacket, insulation, and SEW(or equivalent) mixing gearbox.
- Shotgun Condenser has a side-mounted chilling line.
- Collection Vessel with vacuum port connection.
| Decarboxylation Vessel
|| Collection Vessel
|| Stainless Frame
||US-Made Hot Oil Heater
|| US-Made Vacuum Pump
||Standard Operation Procedure