Cedarstone Industry WD-2S Thin Film Molecular Distillation System Main Features :
- Stainless steel frame, evaporator, and cold trap
- 0.25 m2 evaporating area, 0.4 m2 condensing area
- CNC machined extremely high precision distance control between PTFE rollers and evaporation ID to form uniform thin film
- #1 cold trap, stainless steel 0.12 m2 coiled tube type, chilled by Polyscience chiller and dry ice
- #2 cold trap, stainless steel 0.12 m2 jacketed type
- 1x UL certified 0.55kw evaporator motor, with magnetic coupling, variable speed control
- 1 x feeding gear pump with magnetic coupling, 0.55 kw UL listed motor , variable speed control
- 2 x discharge gear pump with magnetic coupling, 0.55 kw UL listed motor,variable speed control
- 1 x Huber 3kw Evaporator Heating Circulator
- 1 x Polyscience Heated Circulator for pre-heating before feeding and discharging
- 1 x Polyscience Refrigerated Circulator for inner condensing
- 1 x Polyscience -80°C Low Temperature Chiller for cold trap #1
- Atlas Copco GVD-28 dual stage vacuum pump
- Main power : 208v, 3phase 60Hz / 380v 3 phase 50Hz
Molecular Distillation is a special liquid-liquid separation technology, which is different from the traditional distillation by boiling point difference separation principle, but by different substances molecular movement of the average free path difference to achieve separation. Molecular distillation is considered as the safest mode of separation and to purify the thermally unstable molecules and related compounds with low volatility and elevated boiling point. The process distinguishes the short residence time in the zone of the molecular evaporator exposed to heat and low operating temperature due to vacuum in the space of distillation.
Wiped Film Evaporator (WFE) System :
Feed material is delivered into the main jacketed evaporator. With the consistent heat coming from the jacket, a thin film in the turbulent condition is formed, and then push forward spirally.
In the center, an internal condenser provides a short path for vapor molecules traveling from the heated surface to the condenser cooling surface.
During the downward journey, lighter (lower boiling point) fractions of the liquid begin to vaporize, move to the internal condenser and condense, which is then captured and separated into the Distillate receiving flask. Heavier residue material (like chlorophyll, salts, sugars, heavy wax) do not evaporate, instead, they travel the length of the main evaporator body and flows into the residue receiving flask.
- Purification after extraction(Supercritical CO2, Butane, Hydrocarbon, Ethanol, etc.)
- Vacuum Distillation of Terpenes, Terpenoids
- Removal of Chlorophyll, Phytosterols, Insecticide, Fat & Wax
- Concentration of Botanicals & Essential Oils
- Oil Deodorization
Molecular distillation is used to distill high-value and high-purity extracts from essential oils of animals and plants, such as refined hemp oil, eaglewood, fish oil, traditional Chinese medicine, etc. Its extracts can be used as food additives, health products or medicinal raw materials.
Based on customer’s production needs, we can develop stainless steel molecular distillation solutions that are efficient and save customers cost to the greatest extent. We offer a wide range of high performance components, stable inlet and outlet modules and magnetic seals to eliminate secondary contamination during distillation. Sight glass and molecular pumps provide consistently low vacuum conditions with high visibility.
- Modularized design for flexible options
- Continuous feeding & collection modules design, saving labor cost and working time.
- Fully jacketed design, wide applications for different materials 316L stainless steel, safe and reliable.
- Sight glass and quick-connect design, easy to disassemble and clean
||High precision gear pump for continuous feeding
||High precision gear pump for continuous collection
|Dimensions(L x W)
||3000 x 1500
||3500 x 2000
||4000 x 2500
||5000 x 2500
||5000 x 2500